How long will you continue to be trapped in your house or in the snow because of the wrong choice of UTV tires? As long as you don’t have control over the fall of snow, then you can do yourself lots of good with the selection of the right snow tires for your UTVs. The question is, how can you know and select the best UTV tires for snow in the market.
This post will help you in considering and choosing the best tire you can use for snow and some other information you need to know.
Why choose a snow tire for UTV?
Apparently, you wouldn’t want to use a mud or pavement tire on snow. Their buildup is quite different. Most UTV snow tires must have rubber compounds in them that helps to stay pliable during snow condition. This rubber plays a major role in ensuring the tires get more grip on ice and on cold, dry roads, so you don’t slip or lose your control when driving.
Choosing the right tire for snow eliminates worries of trying to find balance on the road while driving, which is the reason you should consider this during the winter season.
How to choose UTV snow tires?
When you’ve decided to choose the right UTV snow tires, one of the things that you need to consider is the brands of the Tires out there in the market. There are many brands out there, from the new ones to seasoned ones, and you need to be more careful when choosing.
Not all brands are qualified or vast with the production of quality tires for snow, and you need to be wary of that. So, choosing from a reputable and respected brand is such a great choice to make.
Reviews and customers report
When choosing a snow tire, you need to understand you are not the first to acquire the tires, and you won’t be the last. It will go a long way in choosing the right product if you can check out the reviews and customers’ reports from those who once had experience with the tire you are about to buy.
Carefully read the report and reviews, and there you get to know the challenges and some other things you need to know about the tire.
Price varies from cheap to expensive, and that is basically because you will find products in the market from different brands. Also, the quality of the materials used in the construction of the tires differs. So, if you are getting a quality snow tire, you need to count your cost.
Warranty and durability
You need to consider the durability of the tire if you are getting one. If your tire is not durable to last for a longer period, then it doesn’t worth investing your money. Also, you need to check the warranty given by the manufacturer and also keep doing things that will help to maintain the tire for a very long time.
Our Choosen Best UTV Tire For Snow
1. Terache Tubeless 8 PR 28″ UTV Tires
- Tire Size [ 28x9-14 ] designed to mount on 14 (in) RIM.
- Aggressive tread design with extra DEEP Paddle-Style knobs.
- Heavy 8 ply rated construction resists punctures and abrasions.
- Tread pattern reaches down the sidewall for traction on deep ruts.
- Generally used in mud or snow. (Rims not included). Please see full description for specifications. Contact us with any questions or concerns!
2. ITP Mega Mayhem UTV Tires
- Package Dimensions: 24.13 cms (L) x 67.31 cms (W) x 24.13 cms (H)
- Product Type: Vehicle Tire
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: United States
3. SuperATV XT Warrior Off Road Tires
- Aramid Belt Construction For Strength And Flexibility ✔️
- 35X10-15 For Optimal Rock Crawling Performance & Designed To Work With Gdp Portal Gear Lifts
- Made With Kevlar Belt Package 💥 V-Shaped Tread Provides Traction In Any Condition Including Slick Or Muddy Terrain
- 8 Ply Construction With A Built In Rim Guard
- Custom Design For Maximum Cleanout And Traction ❗
4. GBC Spartacus Utv Tires
- Deep lugs for great traction and fast clean out
- Added tread blocks give your more contact with the ground
- Directional tread gives you greater forward traction
- This tire is durable and has quality 8-ply rated construction
5. Kenda Bear Claw EVO Tires
- Comes with limited edition Kenda Bottle Opener Keychain!
- Designed for any terrain you'll encounter.
- Lightweight allows for improved handling.
- Excellent puncture resistance with 6-ply rated casing.
- The next step in the excellent Bear Claw line.
6. SunF Power UTV all-terrain Tires
- Front Size: 25x8-12 - Rear Size: 25x10-12 | Wheel (Rim) Diameter: Front 12 in - Rear 12 in
- Directional angled knobby tread design great in most terrain with high performance on trails and suitable for desert, mud, dirt and rock applications. Features premium rubber in our hard compound to withstand the harshest racing conditions. A perfect replacement tire for your quad ATV, UTV, Go Kart, Golf Cart or Lawn Mower.
- Heavy 6 ply rated construction resists punctures and abrasions.
- Lug depth and pattern offers enhanced skid and traction control, great in cross country or desert conditions. Aggressive shoulder knobs provide superb side bite and traction with added protection to rim and sidewall. Trully a great ALL TERRAIN tire at an affordable price .
- Rim(s) NOT included. Prior to purchase, please check the size of the original tire on your vehicle to ensure the size of the tire to be purchased is correct.
7. Carlisle All Trail UTV Tires
- ATVs, Utility Vehicles, Side by Side Vehicles and Fun-Karts
- Made in Italy
- Package Height: 10.1"
- Package Length: 24.8"
- Fit type: Universal Fit
8. MaxAuto Sport ATV Tire for snow
- Full set (2 front + 2 rear) for complete replacement, 22x7-10 front ATV tire & 20x11-9 rear ATV tire
- Type: Tubeless; Tire only - Wheel not included. Prior to purchase, please check the size of the original tire on your vehicle to ensure the size of the tire to be purchased is correct. Note: Tires only, rims are not included;
- Application: Mud Tire, Snow Tire, Sand Tire, Trail Tire. Suitable For Desert, Mud, Dirt And Rock. Can be used in any type of terrain on a non-race basis
- Dynamic tread pattern provides exceptional traction, Enhanced lug depth brings better brake control
- We ship your orders depending on their weight, when you make a single purchase of two or more tires, these tires will be packed in multiple packages which may not arrive at their destination at the same time.
9. SunF A043 XC Racing ATV UTV Radial Tires
- Front Size: 26x9R12 - Rear Size: 26x11R12 | Wheel (Rim) Diameter: Front 12 in - Rear 12 in
- Directional angled knobby tread design great in most terrain with high performance on trails. Features premium rubber withstand the harshest racing conditions. Radial construction offers a significantly smoother ride on hard pack surfaces. A perfect replacement tire for your quad ATV, UTV, Go Kart, Golf Cart or Lawn Mower.
- Heavy 6 ply rated construction resists punctures and abrasions.
- Lug depth and pattern offers enhanced skid and traction control, great in cross country or desert conditions. Aggressive shoulder knobs provide superb side bite and traction with added protection to rim and sidewall.
- Rim(s) NOT included. Please see full description for specifications. Contact us with any questions or concerns!
10. MOTOOS All Terrain ATV UTV Tires
- Full set (2 front + 2 rear) Tubeless tires packed in 2 packages for complete replacement; Original equipment tread design, fitments for a variety of 2 and 4 wheel drive ATV applications
- Tread depth: 0.79", 25x8.00-12 (Rim Width: 6.5", [email protected]), 25x10.00-12 (Rim Width: 8", [email protected])
- Heavy 6 ply rated nylon construction resists punctures and abrasions; Additional shoulder lugs protect rim and sidewall
- Top notch handling in dirt, mud or rock; Superior traction in woods; Great in the desert
- NOTE: Certificate of DOT compliance number: R3. And NOT FOR HIGH WAY SERVICE, tire speed cannot exceed 80 km/h. Suitable for desert, mud, dirt and rock applications. Truly, a great all terrain tire for your ATV / UTV
Frequently asked questions
Should I use mud or pavement tire on snow?
No. It is the wrong choice to do that. Mud tire and pavement tire don’t have enough grip needed to move on snow path. They will often slip and then leave you to struggle with balance when riding.
How about getting a used snow tire?
Getting a used snow tire should never be an option. A used snow tire might come with lots of issues that are unknown to you. It might have puncture issues and many more, and that will surely hinder or affect your movement on snow. So, getting a new tire is the right choice.
If you’ve been facing the difficulty of riding your UTV in the snow, then I suggest you do the right thing. What then is the right thing? The use of the best utv tires for snow is the right thing for you to do if you are willing to ride your UTVs during winter when you can’t beat around the snow with other UTV tires.